For Christmas breakfast I decided to treat my husband to homemade waffles. I savour the sweet vanilla smell it brings to the house especially on the coziest morning of all – Christmas morning! For this easy recipe, you’ll need a waffle maker, a timer and a sweet tooth.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
CLASSIC WAFFLE RECIPE
SERVES 4 (1 ROUND WAFFLE PER PERSON) | PREP TIME 15 MINS. | COOK TIME 30 MINS.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (for a healthier option opt for unbleached or whole wheat flour)
- 2 eggs (or opt for free range or organic eggs)
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1 /2 tablespoon of sugar (or opt for natural cane sugar)
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Beat the eggs until fluffy by hand or with a mixer.
- Sift the flour in another bowl and add baking powder, sugar, salt. Mix well. Add this mixture in with the eggs and combine well.
- Add in the milk and vegetable oil. Mix until smooth without any clumps or waffles may come out uneven after cooking.
- Now you’re ready to cook them. Pre-heat your waffle maker as per the device’s instructions until heat is high.
- Scoop 2/3 of a cup of the batter onto your waffle maker and even it out across the cooking surface. Do not scoop more than this amount or it will overflow and make a mess.
- Depending on your waffle maker the cook time can vary but typically it should only take about 5-6 minutes per waffle or cook until each waffle is golden brown.
Waffles pair well with fruits especially raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas or any fruit that suits your fancy. Dust your waffles & fruits with some icing sugar or simply top off with some melted butter and quality maple syrup.