Today I’m sharing a recipe for an easy Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms that only calls for 6 ingredients! It serves well as a side dish and can be made in less than 10 minutes!
The Easiest Stir-Fry Sauce:
The Stir-Fry sauce can be used on stir fried vegetables, protein or even noodles! You just need to multiply the quantity as you see fit.
This stir-fry sauce is not vegan though as it contains Oyster Sauce which is commonly used in Chinese cuisine for sauces. Oyster sauce is a rich sauce made from boiled oysters and seasonings, oyster sauce does not have a fishy taste at all. However to make this vegan, you can easily substitute that with a vegetarian “stir-fry” sauce. Just ensure that vegetarian stir-fry sauce is thick in consistency.
For your stir-fry sauce, it’s also important to use corn starch specifically. This really helps to thicken the sauce unlike flour or other starchy flours.
I also recommend always turning down the heat on Low or removing it off the heat source completely as you pour your sauce as the sauce tends to solidify very quickly on high heat.
Here I’m pairing my sauce with some mushrooms! It cooks very quickly and only takes about 10 minutes in time. It serves deliciously as a side dish.
Well I hope you give this Stir Fried Vegetable Tofu Udon a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review with a star rating! I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Asian Stir Fried Mushrooms
- 3 pints White button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Water or vegetable stock
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce (Vegan: Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce)
- 1 tbsp corn starch powder
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix together your sauce ingredients.
- In a skillet set over high heat, add avocado oil and mushrooms in. Brown them. Then add water or veggie stock.
- Cover with a lid for 5 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
- Lower heat to Low setting and as you stir the mushrooms slowly pour the sauce. Stir quickly and remove off the heat once the sauce thickens.