Today I’m sharing a delicious crispy recipe for baked Cauliflower-Breaded Zucchini Fries. They are gluten free and dairy-free. They pair so well with a vegan Sriracha Mayo.
Did you know that zucchini is high in fiber and is great for digestion? This recipe is a great way to add more fiber to your diet.
More Interesting Nutritional Information on Zucchini:
- “Zucchini contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds. Cooked zucchini is particularly high in vitamin A, though raw zucchini contains slightly less.”
- “Zucchini boasts several antioxidants that may provide various health benefits. The highest levels are found in the fruit’s skin.”
- “Zucchini is rich in water and fiber, two compounds which can promote healthy digestion by reducing your risk of constipation and symptoms of various gut disorders.”
- “Zucchini’s fiber may increase insulin sensitivity and stabilize blood sugar levels, potentially reducing your risk of type 2 diabetes.”
For my Cauliflower-Breaded Zucchini Fries, I’m using Hippie Snacks’ Cauliflower Crisps in the Classic Ranch Flavour as the “bread” coating. They’ve partnered with me to bring you this recipe. Their snacks are so delicious, healthy, vegan and gluten free. They’re also a Canadian certified B corporation that balances between purpose and profit and prioritizes social and environmental responsibility.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Disclaimer: Thank you Hippie Snacks for sponsoring this recipe!
Cauliflower Breaded Zucchini Fries Recipe
- Blender or food processor
- Baking Sheets
- Reusable Baking Liners
- 2 zucchinis, peeled and sliced into fries
- 1/2 cup gluten-free baking flour (or all-purpose flour if you're not gluten-free)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 free-range eggs, whisked
- 2 bags of Hippie Snacks’ Cauliflower Crisps in Ranch flavour, blended in a blender
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In your first dredging bowl, whisk baking flour and salt together. In your second bowl, whisk two eggs together.
- In a blender, blend cauliflower crisp until fine. Add to the third bowl.
- Coat your zucchini fries in flour mixture, then in egg mixture followed by cauliflower crumbs. Lay on baking sheet. Repeat this process.
- Lightly drizzle avocado oil over fries. Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy with some dip of your choice!