I love Sweet Potato Fries and I think I might actually love them more than my Garlic Baked Fries made with normal potatoes. They’re sweet and less starchy. Sweet potatoes are also very healthy and offer a lot of nutrition. You can bake these fries in 30 minutes and the prep time only calls for 20 minutes depending on how fast you can slice.
In this recipe, instead of using vegetable oil (I never use vegetable oil for environmental reasons) I use a much healthier alternative – Avocado Oil. It doesn’t have a scent and it’s great for high temperature cooking. The one I use is by Chosen Foods and they naturally refine their oils so you still receive those nutrients. I hope you give this recipe a shot, it’s perfect for the upcoming holiday festivities and it’s so easy to make.
If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE
SERVES 1-2 LARGE PORTIONS | PREP TIME 20 MINS | COOK TIME 30 MINS
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & 1/4′ thinly sliced
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 1-2 tsp of paprika powder
- 1-2 tsp of salt
- 1-2 tsp of pepper
- Avocado Oil
Required: 2 Baking Trays
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease two baking trays with avocado oil.
- Using your hands, mix your thinly sliced sweet potato fries with the paprika, salt, pepper and some more oil (about 1-2 tbsp). Evenly spread the fries out and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping them at the 15 minute mark.
- Remove from oven and while they’re hot, sprinkle some chopped parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!