Banana Chocolate Bread. This is the best Banana Chocolate Bread you’ll ever make. Moist, delicious and so chocolatey! Perfect as dessert.
This bread is dairy-free and ovo-tarian.
I love this dessert. It contains bananas and whole wheat flour which are high in fiber and it’s just delicious. You can naturally sweeten it with maple syrup but I used cane sugar as I had some in the house.
This is my favourite dessert to make when I want to make something easy but doesn’t require too many ingredients.
For this recipe
You will need:
1⁄2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
1/2 cup cane sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 bananas, finely mashed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
You’ll also need a loaf pan as well.
Watch how I made it!
Tips for storing this dessert
- The best is to store it in an air tight container in the fridge. This dessert will last 5-6 days!
Can I make this vegan?
You can definitely substitute the eggs with flax eggs. Thanks to moisture from the bananas, this bread will stay very moist even if you don’t use real eggs.
Can I make this gluten-free?
Yes, just substitute the flour with gluten-free flour like oat flour.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Chocolate Banana Bread recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Best Banana Chocolate Bread
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil room temperature
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 bananas finely mashed
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, eggs, cane sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Then into the same bowl, add salt, baking soda, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and mix well. Then mix in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top. Bake for 60-65 minutes. Note. If you insert a wooden toothpick into the center, it will come out with chocolate and may look like it’s not cooked but this is just the chocolate. If you do bake it any longer, the loaf will not be moist.
- Allow this to cool before serving.