Banana Thai Pancake. A delicious, sweet and crispy roti with caramelized bananas drizzled with sweet condensed coconut milk. Perfect for dessert. It’s vegetarian and dairy-free!
This recipe is more challenging than my other ones but it’s worth it! It also give you the foundation to make a roti at home! And who doesn’t love roti?
For this recipe you’ll need white flour, water, cane sugar, salt, coconut oil, eggs, sweet condensed coconut milk and bananas.
I would not suggest substituting the white flour with whole wheat because whole wheat flour makes the roti tough and too chewy – trust me I tried! So take it from me and just stick with the white flour.
Where can I buy Sweet Condensed Coconut Milk?
I’m using Natures Charm’s sweet condensed coconut milk to make this dairy-free. I purchased a can from H-Mart and you may be able to find it at any asian grocer. You can purchase their products on Amazon which I’ve linked here:
How did I learn about this dessert?
I was watching YouTube (my all time favourite source for entertainment) and I came across this amazing dessert. I was so inspired by how they combined the roti flavours with the condensed milk and I had to make my own version! Of course I needed some guidance so I adapted this recipe to become dairy-free from Food.com.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Banana Thai Pancake recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Banana Thai Pancake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 4 bananas
- In a bowl, whisk together water, egg, condensed coconut milk, sugar and salt. Set aside
- In another bowl, sift your flour. Create a crater in the middle and pour in your wet mixture, followed by melted coconut oil. Mix together.
- On a floured surface, knead your dough until it’s clean and there are no shaggy bits. Coat your dough with more coconut oil. Let it sit covered with a moist clean towel for 30 minutes.
- Knead your dough again and form 8 balls. Coat again with more coconut oil.
- Using a rolling pin, roll and stretch the dough ball into a very thin square sheet. Tip: Coat your hands, surface and dough with more oil to prevent it from sticking. Once thin enough, place your sheet on a hot non-stick pan set on high heat. This may be challenging at first but be patient.
- As the pancake fries, add sliced banana in the middle. Then wrap the ends in to make a closed pocket. Flip and fry on the other side until golden brown. Top off with more condensed coconut milk and other desired fruit toppings.