Cajun Chicken Pasta. Delicious, flavourful and takes only 25 minutes to make! Perfect for dinner or lunch time!
If you like spice, chicken and pasta then you will definitely like this dish!
It’s got a strong Cajun kick so if you can’t handle too much spice, I would definitely reduce the amount of spice to half and avoid adding pepper.
For this Recipe
You will need the following:
6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
240 grams of linguine pasta
2 stalks of green onion, chopped
1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
4 tbsp of butter unsalted
4 tbsp of chopped sundried tomatoes
1 cup of plain almond milk
2 tbsp of cajun spice (reduce to 1/2 tbsp if you prefer less spicy)
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of dried basil
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of pepper (optional)
About the Pasta
I used Barilla Pasta for this recipe and learned that their company is huge on sustainability.
They have a whole web page dedicated to treating the planet with respect by ensuring that their supply chains are sustainable from the fields to consumption. They make an active effort to reduce water consumption by -19%, energy by -5% and Co2 emissions by -23%.
Also, their packaging across the company is 98% recyclable! For more information, check out their website: http://www.barillagroup.com/en/good-planet. It is so uplifting to see big companies like Barilla Pasta encourage and practice the idea of sustainability and I will definitely be making the switch over to using their products more often in my recipes 🙂 And I hope you do too.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs thinly sliced
- 240 grams of linguine pasta
- 2 stalks of green onion chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
- 4 tbsp of butter unsalted
- 4 tbsp of chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup of plain almond milk
- 2 tbsp of cajun spice reduce to 1/2 tbsp if you prefer less spicy
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of pepper optional
- In a medium size pot, boil pasta to package instructions to Al-dente texture.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix chicken and cajun spice together until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet set on medium, fry chicken in melted butter for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Add in peas and carrots followed by green onion, almond milk, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Raise heat to high until it reaches a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss in pasta and mix until sauce has coated every noodle. Remove off heat and serve immediately.