Chicken Tofu Vegetable Chow Mein. Crispy chow mein smothered in a glossy sauce packed with protein and vegetables. Perfect for dinner and comes together in 30 minutes!
Chow mein is one of my favourite dishes to order on a Chinese menu! I love that crispy noodles covered in that savoury sauce accompanied by all those delicious fresh veggies and proteins.
It’s very easy to make and you actually don’t need a wok to make this! You just need a non-stick pan, some high heat and a large plate! I’m being serious with the last one.
This version is slightly healthier because the noodles are not deep fried like how they do it in the restaurants. This one is shallow fried in oil and yes it is more than just a couple tablespoons but if you want those crispy noodles then shallow frying is key to this recipe.
I love it so much I have a few more Chow Mein recipes to share below if you’re interested.
Other recipes you may like!
Watch how I made it!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
2 cups fried tofu balls, sliced in half
2 skinless boneless chicken thighs, sliced thinly
1 pack cantonese style chow mein noodles
1 cup carrot, sliced into matchstick
1 cup snap peas
2 cups gai lan, chopped
1 red bell pepper
1/3 cup avocado oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp sugar
6 tbsp oyster sauce
2 cups water
2 tbsp cornstarch
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Chicken Tofu Vegetable Chow Mein recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Chicken Tofu Vegetable Chow Mein
- 2 cups fried tofu balls sliced in half
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs sliced thinly
- 1 pack cantonese style chow mein noodles
- 1 cup carrot sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 cups gai lan chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin pieces
- 1/3 cup avocado oil for frying
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Marinate your sliced chicken.
- Mix together your ingredients for your noodle sauce. Note: There may be extra sauce but I decided to provide a recipe for more sauce than less. If you prefer less saucy noodles, only use 1.5 cups water, 4 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tbsp cornstarch.
- In a hot non-stick pan over high heat, add your avocado oil. Then add your fresh cantonese chow mein noodles. Fry on each side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Make sure you check your noodles every now and then to prevent burning.
- Once the noodles are crispy, transfer to a large serving plate.
- In the same pan over high heat, add 1 tsp of avocado oil and fry your chicken. Fry until 3/4 of the way cooked.
- Add in your fried tofu balls. Cook for 1 minute.
- Then add in all your vegetables. Fry until veggies are softened.
- Lower heat and stir in your noodle sauce quickly. Do not let this set or it'll solidify.
- Then pour noodle sauce over your noodles and enjoy!