Chive Garlic Hash Brown. Delicious, crispy, flavourful and simple to make. Great for breakfast, brunch or even lunch.
These are convenient as leftovers for the next day and they smell amazing, thanks to the chives and garlic.
And now you won’t need to visit your local fast food chain to grab some or buy them frozen at the supermarket! They can be made right from the comfort of your own home!
Other related recipes you may like!
Chive Potato Latkes
Vegan Cajun Spice Potatoes
Potato Rosti with egg
Potato Onion Waffle
Deconstructed Vegan Baked Potato with Sour Cream
Paprika Roasted Baby Potatoes
Dill Potato Fritters
Hasselback Baby Potatoes
For this recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients:
8 EarthFresh organic russet potatoes, peeled and grated
1/2 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
1 organic or free-range egg
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp garlic minced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
Avocado oil for frying
Pin this for future!
I’ve teamed up with my friends at EarthFresh to bring you this recipe. I am using their organic russet potatoes for this recipe that are best for making fried potatoes. I genuinely enjoy the taste of their potatoes and I love how accessible they are at most major Canadian grocery stores.
I also really appreciate how their potato bags are recyclable. Their potato bags also have a special light blocking technology to keep your potatoes from greening and lasting longer. It’s always best to store your potatoes in a dry, dark environment to prevent them from greening or sprouting. If your potatoes show signs of greening, physical damage (cuts or bruises), rotting, sprouting, cut away those parts. Or in severe cases, discard the entire potato. Potatoes with this signs of damage contain Glycoalkaloid toxins, which is a naturally occurring substance caused by light exposure for more than 12 hours. Thankfully, EarthFresh’s potato bags keep most of that light out.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Chive Garlic Hash Brown recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Chive Garlic Hash Brown
- 8 organic russet potatoes peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 organic or free-range egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Avocado oil for frying
- Peel and grate your potatoes. Place grated potatoes into a clean tea cloth to squeeze out any excess liquid until dry. Then transfer grated potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Add fresh chives, egg, all-purpose flour, minced garlic, garlic powder and salt to your grated potatoes. Mix until well combined. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes so the mixture becomes sticky.
- Heat about 1 tsp of avocado oil in skillet. Once oil is hot, carefully place 1/4 cup of the potato mixture in.
- Flatten with the measuring cup into the shape of a rectangle and further flatten with a spatula.
- Fry on each side until golden brown and transfer to a plate with a paper towel to soak up any excess oil. Repeat process.
- Serve with your favourite condiment. Enjoy!