Today I’m sharing a recipe for Egg in a Hole with Garlic Toast! It’s delicious, easy, takes less than 10 minutes and 5 ingredients. All you need is your favourite bread (thicker the better), an egg, dairy-free butter, garlic powder, and avocado. It’s great for breakfast, a light lunch or even as a snack if you’re super hungry!
I’m using free-range egg for this recipe. Free-range hens are a lot happier and healthier as they have the space to roam as animals should and get the sunlight they need. So when hens are happier, they lay healthier eggs. I usually source all my eggs from Conestoga Farms. They work with Grayridge Farms to locally produce healthy free-range eggs in Ontario. Their eggs can be found at most major Canadian grocers like Sobeys, Walmart, and more. Visit their store locator for a nearby location. This post is also not sponsored by them, I just really the taste of their eggs!
Interesting Nutritional Information on Eggs
Did you know that eggs are very nutritious? They contain a significant amount of nutrients compared to calories. The nutrients are found in the yolks, while the whites are mostly protein. Contrary to popular belief, eggs do not increase your risk of heart disease. ” Studies show that eggs actually improve the cholesterol profile. They raise HDL (good) cholesterol and increase the size of LDL particles, which should lower the risk of heart disease.”
Eggs are also rich in Choline was is an essential nutrient for the brain. ” It is required to synthesize the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and is also a component of cell membranes.”
They are also a wonderful source of protein containing all essential amino acids. Last but not least, they are beneficial for eye health as they are loaded with Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which is found in the yolk.
Well I hope you give my Egg in a Hole with Garlic Toast recipe a try! If you enjoyed this, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Egg in a Hole Garlic Toast
- Non-stick pan
- Drinking Glass
- 1 slice thick bread
- 1 free-range egg
- dairy-free butter
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Rest your bread on a flat surface. Use a round drinking glass to create a hole in your bread.
- Spread butter on your toast and the circular cutout and sprinkle some garlic powder on both sides. Then lay both pieces in a hot pan set on medium heat. Toast that side until golden brown.
- Then flip your toast over and crack an egg into the hole. Allow the egg to fill the hole and fry until toast is golden brown and egg is cooked through. Feel free to use a lid to speed up the cooking time.
- Serve with some avocado over top. Enjoy!