Fresh Shrimp Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Delicious, refreshing and filling. The perfect dish for lunch or as a side dish.
They are pretty easy to make and perhaps the only challenging part is rolling them. But don’t let that discourage you, they are totally worth making.
The rolls don’t take many ingredients and you can use whichever vegetables you fancy. The Spicy Peanut Sauce is also a must for these rolls – you can’t have one without the other.
For this recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients:
8 wild caught shrimps, peeled
8 pieces of rice paper
100 grams rice vermicelli noodles, cooked
1 small organic carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 organic cucumber, thinly sliced
4 leaves of organic romaine lettuce
12 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
1/4 cup Manba’s mild Spicy Peanut Butter
2 tbsp organic sesame oil
2 tbsp organic soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp maple syrup
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp water, as needed
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce, I’m using Manba’s Mild Spicy Peanut Butter. I wanted to thank Manba for collaborating with Christie at Home to sponsor this recipe.
When I heard about their brand, I loved that they source their peanuts from Haïti directly supporting the Haïtian farmers to make a positive impact. “Haitian peanuts are not only unique but they are at the center of the development of many communities locally. Following the traditional Manba recipe meant to also used local peanuts cultivated by local farmers.” Their peanut and almond butter are entirely produced in Québèc. Their peanut and almond butter is also vegan, gluten-free, kosher and there are no additives or conservatives.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Fresh Shrimp Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Fresh Shrimp Rolls
- 8-12 wild caught shrimps peeled
- 8 pieces rice paper
- 100 grams rice vermicelli noodles cooked
- 1 small organic carrot peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 organic cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 leaves organic romaine lettuce
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Manba’s mild Spicy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp organic sesame oil
- 2 tbsp organic soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp water as needed
- Boil your noodles according to package instructions. Strain in a colander and set aside.
- Pan fry peeled shrimps over medium-high heat until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Soak 2 pieces of rice paper together in a bowl of water until they become very soft. Tip: Using 2 pieces of rice paper makes it easier to roll without tearing.
- Once soft, lay the rice paper smooth side down. Layer over top with cooked shrimp, basil leaves, vegetables and vermicelli.
- Fold in the sides of the rice paper and roll.
- Slice in half with a wet knife. Repeat this process for the remaining rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well combined. Serve with rice rolls and enjoy!