Fresh Shrimp Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Delicious, refreshing and filling. The perfect dish for lunch or as a side dish.
The taste of the chewy shrimp combined with the springy noodles and crunchy veggies dipped in that spicy peanut sauce is a true winner!
They are pretty easy to make and perhaps the only challenging part is rolling them. But I share a great tip below to make it easier for you!
My fresh shrimp rolls with peanut sauce does not require too many ingredients. Also, you may use whichever vegetables you fancy. The Spicy Peanut Sauce is also a must for these rolls - you can’t have one without the other.
Other Recipes You May Like!
For this recipe
You'll need the following ingredients fresh shrimp salad rolls with spicy peanut sauce:
Fresh Shrimp Rolls:
- 8 shrimps, peeled & deveined
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 100 grams rice vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 12 fresh basil leaves
Spicy peanut sauce:
- ¼ cup Manba’s mild Spicy Peanut Butter (or ¼ cup peanut butter mixed with 1 tsp sriracha sauce)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp water, as needed
How to make Fresh Shrimp Rolls
Fresh spring rolls with shrimp:
Boil your noodles according to package instructions. Strain in a colander and set aside.
Pan fry peeled shrimps over medium-high heat until cooked. Season with pepper. Set aside.
Soak 2 pieces of rice paper together in a bowl of water until they become very soft. Tip: Using 2 pieces of rice paper makes it easier to roll without tearing.
Once soft, lay the rice paper smooth side down on a clean tea towel (tip!) This will help with the rolling process. Layer over top with cooked shrimp, basil leaves, vegetables and vermicelli.
Fold in the sides of the rice paper and roll.
Slice in half with a wet knife. Repeat this process for the remaining rolls.
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well combined. Serve with rice rolls and enjoy!
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce, I’m using Manba’s Mild Spicy Peanut Butter. I wanted to thank Manba for collaborating with Christie at Home to sponsor this recipe.
When I heard about their brand, I loved that they source their peanuts from Haïti directly supporting the Haïtian farmers to make a positive impact. “Haitian peanuts are not only unique but they are at the center of the development of many communities locally. Following the traditional Manba recipe meant to also used local peanuts cultivated by local farmers.” Their peanut and almond butter are entirely produced in Québèc. Their peanut and almond butter is also vegan, gluten-free, kosher and there are no additives or conservatives.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Fresh Shrimp Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed my fresh shrimp rice rolls, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating for my fresh shrimp summer rolls with spicy peanut sauce, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Fresh Shrimp Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Boil your noodles according to package instructions. Strain in a colander and set aside.
- Pan fry peeled shrimps over medium-high heat until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Soak 2 pieces of rice paper together in a bowl of water until they become very soft. Tip: Using 2 pieces of rice paper makes it easier to roll without tearing.
- Once soft, lay the rice paper smooth side down on a clean tea towel. This will help with the rolling process in ensuring the rice paper sticks as the excess moisture is absorbed. Layer over top with cooked shrimp, basil leaves, vegetables and vermicelli.
- Fold in the sides of the rice paper and roll.
- Slice in half with a wet knife. Repeat this process for the remaining rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well combined. Serve with rice rolls and enjoy!