This is such an easy pasta dish to make and it’s filled with a creamy garlic flavour. You can probably whip this up in less than 20 minutes. It’s perfect for dinner after work and if you double the serving, it can last you a couple days. Unfortunately this dish is not entirely meatless though it may look so. Parmigiana cheese uses cow stomach or rennet to produce this cheese but the bright news is there is vegan parmesan cheese available at select grocers or you can opt to use another cheese that doesn’t use rennet. I had a block of parmigiana leftover that I needed to finish so I decided to use it for this recipe instead of wasting it.
In this recipe, I’m using Mushroom Broth by Pacific Foods. I love their broths because they’re organic, easy to use and most of their products are verified non-GMO. Their cartons are BPA-free and recyclable. Sustainability is one of their company missions as they’ve changed their practices in order to reduce their carbon footprint. Click here for more information on their company and products.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on
Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies
listed in this post.
GARLIC CREAM PASTA
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 4 cups of penne pasta
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/3 cup of parmigiana (alternative: dairy-free parmesan cheese)
- 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp of dried parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup of mushroom broth
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- Boil your pasta according to the package instructions.
- Melt your butter in a large sauce pan and add the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Then add your flour and cook for 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Stir in your almond milk and mushroom broth and stir frequently until the sauce starts to thicken and boil.
- Add the parsley, cheese, salt and pepper and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add in your pasta and toss until sauce has coated every noodle. Remove off heat and serve.