Green Berry Smoothie. Healthy, high in antioxidants and delicious! This simple smoothie recipe is great for increasing your fibre intake!
This week I'm featuring two recipes that focus on improving beauty naturally - as beauty comes from within and by within, I mean what you eat.
The first recipe is a Green Berry Smoothie for healthy thick shiny hair and it's completely plant-based. This smoothie will improve the thickness of hair, giving it a natural shine if you drink it on a consistent basis.
I'm going to break down why this smoothie contains most of the nutrients you need for lovely hair below.
Other recipes you may like!
What kind of nutrients are in this smoothie?
- Vitamin C: guards your hair from toxins and prevents it from aging. It creates collagen which is important for hair growth. The cucumber, strawberries, blueberries and spinach in this smoothie are all high in Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E & A: defends hair from environmental damage, like the sun or pollution. Vitamin A encourages the scalp to create oil or sebum which keeps your scalp moisturized giving each hair follicle the moisture it needs to be shiny. Spinach contains both these nutrients and is perfect for that function.
- Vitamin B: gives the hair a natural thickness and volume. Found in the almond milk of this smoothie or in dark leafy greens, seafood, or meat.
Facts Sourced from Authority Nutrition and Live Strong.
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1.5 cups of strawberries, with tops removed and sliced
⅓ cup of blueberries
¼ cup of spinach leaves
½ banana peeled and sliced
½ cup of peeled cucumber, sliced
1 cup of any Citrus Juice
½ cup of almond milk
Optional: Fresh Mint to Garnish
I'm using almond milk by Earth's Own Almond Fresh Milk and Kiju Organic Juice. This is not sponsored.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Green Berry Smoothie recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Green Berry Smoothie (5-min. Recipe)
- 1.5 cups strawberries with tops removed and sliced
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup spinach leaves
- ½ banana peeled and sliced
- ½ cup cucumber sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup almond milk
- Optional: Fresh Mint to Garnish
- Wash all your ingredients, removing the tops of the strawberries and the peels to any fruits or vegetables. Chop or slice up fruits where possible to help ease the blending process.
- Begin blending the bigger chunks of fruit like the strawberries, cucumbers, and banana. Then add in your liquids. Followed by the blueberries and spinach. Blend until smooth or to your preferred consistency. Garnish with some mint. Enjoy!