Iced Military Latte. A delicious cold latte that combines the taste of coffee, milk and matcha all in one. Made in less than 10 minutes.
So everyone, including myself, was obsessed with Dalgona Coffee (click here for my recipe). Well may I introduce her sister to you, welcome “Military Latte”. The top layer is dalgona whipped coffee, the middle layer is ice and milk and the bottom is matcha mixture.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Why is it called Military Latte?
It’s called this name thanks to the colours – brown, dark green and white. Forming a cool camouflage colour when you mix it together.
What does it taste like?
A mix between frothy Dalgona Latte with a hint of matcha. Dalgona Coffee is sweet to begin with but when it’s mixed with the matcha, the matcha also tones down the sweetness.
For this recipe
You will need instant coffee, sugar, hot boiling water for the top layer. For the second layer, you’ll need ice and your choice of milk. Last but not least, the bottom layer consists of matcha powder and hot boiling water.
For the top layer can I use coffee grinds?
No. You’ll need instant coffee. The coffee grinds are not fine enough to create froth.
Tips for making the best Military Latte
- Start with your matcha layer first. In a small bowl, simple whisk together your matcha powder and hot boiling water. I like to use a fine ceremonial grade matcha for best smoothness.
- For the middle layer, it’s just ice and your choice of milk. I would suggest adding the milk AFTER you’ve whipped your top layer (dalgona coffee) if you want that layered effect. Otherwise your milk will mix with your matcha if you wait too long.
- To make the top layer really frothy, whisk with an electric mixer or a whisk in a large bowl. I find whisking the top layer in a large bowl adds air to the liquid making it more frothy. Originally in my Dalgona Coffee video, I whisked it in a tall glass. Although this prevents mess, it doesn’t allow the whipped coffee to reach its full potential in frothiness. So use a bowl.
Give my Iced Military Latte a try!
Well I hope you give my Iced Military Latte recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Pin for later!
Iced Military Latte
- Whisk or hand mixer
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp hot boiling water
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup any milk of choice
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/2 tbsp sugar (if you prefer it sweeter add 1 tbsp instead)
- 2 tbsp hot boiling water
- In a small bowl, whisk matcha powder and hot boiling water together until smooth. Pour into your glass.
- Add ice to your glass. Don't pour in your milk yet until after you've created your top layer which is the next step.
- In a separate bowl, add instant coffee, sugar and hot boiling water. Whisk until frothy on high speed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in your milk. Then spoon in your top layer. Mix and enjoy!