Instant Pot Indian Butter Tofu. Delicious, quick and easy to make as long as you have an instant pot. It's creamy and dairy-free. Perfect for those nights when you're really craving some Indian food for dinner!
This Indian butter tofu recipe is one that I am excited to share with you. It's SO good with some steamed white rice and you’ll have leftovers too!
If you’re not vegan, you can sub the tofu in with chicken, pork or beef. It’s really up to you! But if you do you’ll need to increase the pressure cook time to 14 minutes for my Indian style butter tofu.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following for my vegan indian butter tofu:
- 500 grams organic smoked tofu, diced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin ground
- 0.5 tbsp coriander ground
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 0.5 tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashew cream [⅓ raw cashews soaked in ⅔ cup hot boiling water for 5 minutes, blended until smooth in a blender]
Required: Instant Pot and Blender
Watch how I made it!
Watch how I made this easy Indian tofu:
Pin for later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Instant Pot Indian Butter Tofu recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this Indian style butter tofu, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating for my Indian butter tofu vegan recipe, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Vegan Instant Pot Indian Tofu (30 min Recipe)
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- ⅔ cup hot boiling water
- In a blender, add cashews and hot boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes. Blend on high until smooth.
- Set your Instant Pot on Saute Mode and melt your vegan butter. Then sauteed minced garlic until fragrant. Add smoked tofu, followed by marinara sauce, tomato paste, spices and salt. Mix together.
- Pour in water. Cover with lid and switch Pressure Knob to “Sealing”. Set to “Pressure Cook” mode and set timer for 8 minutes. Allow it to cook.
- Once cooked, the Instant Pot will notify you or turn off. Safely release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cashew cream. Serve with basmati rice to enjoy!