Korean Yuzu Turnover Pie. It’s a delicious puff pastry filled with korean yuja jam. 4 ingredients and only 30 minutes! Perfect for dessert for yourself or to easily impress guests!
It’s really easy to make and takes about 20 minutes in the oven to bake! It’s one of my favourite pastries ever thanks to the flakey puff pastry and the soft sweet yuzu jam!
What is Yuzu?
Yuzu (Citrus junos) is a hybrid citrus fruit also known as yuja. It originated in China over 1,000 years ago and now grows in Japan, Korea, and other parts of the world.
The fruit is small, with a diameter of 2–3 inches (5.5–7.5 cm). It has a relatively thick yellow skin and is more aromatic and much sourer than other citrus fruits.
Particularly popular in East Asian cuisine, its juice, peel, and seeds serve as gourmet flavorings for vinegars, seasonings, sauces, and marmalades. Yuzu oil is also commonly used in cosmetics, perfume, and aromatherapy.
How is it used?
Yuzu is commonly used in Korea as a jam by mixing slices of the de-seeded fruit with white sugar. It is preserved and mixed with hot water as a tea to help sooth your throat or for enjoyment.
It’s so delicious and a wonderful way to also entertain guests without having to serve caffeinated tea.
How did I learn about this dessert?
I was shopping at the Korean grocery store called H-Mart and I saw this turnover pie that looked like an apple turnover but was called Yuzu pie. I decided to recreate at home and it turned out to be a success!
For this recipe
For my Korean Yuzu Turnover Pie, you will only need 4 ingredients. Puff pastry sheets, yuzu jam which you can buy at any Korean or Asian grocery store, dairy-free milk, and cane sugar.
You can opt to make your own puff pastry but for the purposes of ease and no mess I decided to use store-bought sheets. You can also make your own Yuzu jam but it takes awhile for the jam to become a preserve.
Well I hope you enjoy my recipe for Korean Yuzu Turnover Pie.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Vegan Apple Galette
Korean Yuzu Pie Turnover
- 2 puff pastry sheets 425 grams each
- 16 tbsp yuzu honey citron jam
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- Cane sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F.
- Slice puff pastry sheets into large square that can be folded over into a rectangle. Fill puff pastry with 2 tbsp of yuzu jam.
- Brush oat milk on edges. Fold puff pastry over and seal the edges well to prevent jam from leaking out using fingers.
- Seal edges with fork at an angle. Using a knife slice 3 cuts on top of the pastry to allow air to escape as it bakes.
- Brush milk over top. Sprinkle cane sugar over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Transfer to wired rack. Allow it to cool before eating.
- Note: Some of the jam will leak out and it’s normal.