Today I’m sharing a Lemon Curd Chia Pudding with collagen! It’s very easy to make and it’s delicious. Perfect for dessert.
Before I get into the recipe I wanted to share some nutritional benefits on collagen.
Nutritional Benefits of Collagen:
- “Collagen helps maintain the integrity of your cartilage, which is the rubber-like tissue that protects your joints.
- The amount of collagen in your body decreases as you get older, your risk of developing degenerative joint disorders such as osteoarthritis increases (9).Consuming collagen supplements may help reduce the risk of bone disorders such as osteoporosis. They have the potential to help increase BMD and lower levels of proteins in the blood that stimulate bone breakdown.
- Research has shown that consuming collagen supplements increased muscle growth and strength in people with age-related muscle mass loss.
- Taking collagen supplements may help reduce the risk factors associated with heart conditions such as atherosclerosis.
- Hair and nails: Taking collagen may increase the strength of your nails by preventing brittleness. Additionally, it may stimulate your hair and nails to grow longer (23Trusted Source).”
For this Lemon Curd Chia Pudding, I’ve partnered with Ancient Nutrition. They have an incredible line of collagen and bone broth products and I’m using their Multi Collagen Protein in Strawberry Lemonade flavour. It’s a great powder to toss into any fruit beverage like your smoothie, water, popsicle, or chia pudding.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Disclaimer: This recipe was sponsored by Ancient Nutrition. Of course, I am very selective about the brands I choose to represent and I only select ones that are aligned to my mission values.
Lemon Curd Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp oat milk
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Powder
- Optional: 1 tsp Superfood Ocean Blend Powder by Unicorn Superfoods
- In a resealable jar, whisk together chia seeds, oat milk, collagen protein powder and superfood powder. Whisk again 10 minutes later. Store in fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Mix lemon juice, water, sugar, cornstarch and salt together.
- Pour into a heavy saucepan and whisk over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a full boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, not stirring. It should be thickened and turning clear.
- Remove from heat. Add oat milk and vegan butter and mix well with a whisk
- Cool the curd, then refrigerate in a covered container. It thickens as it cools.
- To assemble: In a small glass jar, scoop a thin layer of the lemon curd (not thick as it’s quite sweet). Top off with as much chia pudding as desired.