Mushroom Udon Noodles. Savoury, vegan, and very easy to make! Perfect for dinner or as leftovers for lunch.
This recipe only takes 30 minutes of your time and 7 ingredients to make! I learned this dish from my husband who learned it from his father who would make this for him all the time because it’s really simple.
The texture of the soft chewy noodles plus meaty King mushrooms and that soy sauce is just everything! I love that it’s completely meatless. After I finish this meal, I am so satisfied!
I highly recommend this noodle dish if you’re looking to eat more plant focused meals or looking to have a meatless meal once a week! For full transparency I am not vegan but I do love having a meatless meal every now and then to be conscious of my meat consumption.
For this recipe
You will need King Oyster mushrooms, frozen udon noodles, green onion, garlic, mushroom flavoured dark soy sauce, avocado oil, and black pepper.
Where can I find some of these ingredients?
You can find King Oyster Mushrooms at most Asian Grocers. I understand it’s not always readily available at most major grocers. If you’re unable to find it, use white button mushrooms or black oyster mushrooms.
Frozen Udon Noodles can be found at Asian grocers in the frozen noodle aisle. They come in blocks usually in a pack of 5.
As for the Mushroom Flavoured Dark Soy Sauce, this is found in Asian grocers as well in the sauce aisle. It is thick and not runny like normal soy sauce. If you can’t find this, use Dark Soy Sauce.
Well I hope you give my Mushroom Udon Noodles a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review with a star rating! I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Mushroom Udon Noodles
- 16 oz. or 454 g king oyster mushroom sliced
- 3 servings of frozen udon noodle 8.82 oz per serving
- 2 stalks of green onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp of Mushroom Flavoured Dark Soy Sauce not light
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- In a medium size pot set on high filled with boiling hot water, blanch your frozen noodles until they are loosened and soft. Approximately 3 minutes. Immediately strain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop it from cooking.
- In a large skillet set on medium heat, add your oil. Then fry the garlic and green onions until soft approximately 30 seconds. Add your mushrooms and fry until soft, approximately 5-7 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Toss your cooked udon noodles in and add in soy sauce. Mix until noodles and mushrooms are evenly coated in sauce and remove skillet off heat. Serve immediately and enjoy!