Pesto Vegetable Chicken Pasta. Delicious, healthy, dairy-free and filling. This pasta recipe is easy to make and is perfect for dinner.
This recipe is based off my other Chicken Basil Pesto with Zucchini but I really wanted to add more seasonal veggies for extra fibre.
I know many struggle with getting in more veggies (myself included) and thought this would be a great recipe to share with you to get in that fibre!
This recipe is so yummy and you can swap the pasta for any noodles that you desire as well as any other veggies that you prefer.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
• 4 organic skinless boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
• 4 stalks broccolini, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 5 cups Swiss chard, chopped
• 1 cup carrot matchsticks
• 500 grams penne pasta
• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup reserved hot pasta water
Basil Pesto Sauce
• 2 cups fresh basil leaves
• 1/3 cup raw cashews
• 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tsp salt
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Basil Pesto Vegetable Chicken Pasta recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Basil Pesto Vegetable Chicken Pasta
- Required: food processor or blender
- 4 organic skinless boneless chicken thighs thinly sliced
- 4 stalks broccolini chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 cups Swiss chard chopped
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 500 grams penne pasta
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup reserved hot pasta water
Basil Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- In a food processor, blend pesto ingredients until smooth.
- Boil pasta according to packet instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup hot pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over medium high heat add cooking oil. Then add chicken thighs and garlic. Cook until golden brown and remove from skillet to set aside.
- Into the same skillet, sautéed vegetables. Then add back in chicken followed by pesto. Stir to combine. Then add pasta water followed by pasta and combine well. Serve and enjoy!