Today I’m sharing a delicious vegetarian Potato Onion Waffle! It takes about 25 minutes to prepare and 8 minutes to cook each waffle! This side dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch!
This recipe only requires six ingredients, most of which you probably have in the pantry! I’m also using EarthFresh organic yellow russet potatoes! They have also kindly sponsored this recipe post!
I truly enjoy eating potatoes. Potatoes have gotten such a bad rap when they are actually very nutritious! In fact, when potatoes are cooked and cooled down they form a resistance starch which acts like a fiber. Fiber helps with healthy digestion and gut health.
“Resistant starch in potatoes is a source of nutrition for beneficial gut bacteria. They convert it to the short-chain fatty acid butyrate, which has been linked to reduced inflammation in the colon, improved colon defenses and a lower risk of colorectal cancer.”
More Health Benefits of White Potatoes
- “Packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, B6, Potassium, Manganese, and Magnesium to name a few”
- They are “a good source of antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers.” However, more human-based research is required before making any recommendations.
- “Potatoes contain resistant starch, which may help reduce insulin resistance. In turn, this can help improve blood sugar control.”
- They are “naturally gluten-free, which makes them an excellent food choice for people with celiac disease or a non-celiac gluten sensitivity.”
- “Studies have shown that potatoes are among the most filling foods. They may increase the levels of fullness hormones, such as cholecystokinin (CCK).”
So load up with my Potato Onion Waffle recipe!
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Disclaimer: Thank you EarthFresh for sponsoring this recipe blog post!
Potato Onion Waffle
- Food Processor
- Waffle maker
- 6 yellow potatoes, peeled
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 small cooking onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (to make gluten-free substitute with a gluten free flour of choice)
- Avocado Oil for greasing waffle maker
- In a food processor, finely grate or grind your potatoes and onions. Transfer to a clean tea towel and wring out the liquids until most of the potato onion mixture is dry. Place mixture into a large bowl.
- Add to the mixture, egg, flour, salt, and green onion. Mix until well combined
- In a hot waffle maker, coat it with avocado oil. Spread a thin layer of the mixture onto your waffle maker. Close firmly and allow this to cook until golden, about 8 minutes in total depending on your waffle maker.