Vegan Creamy Tomato Cheese Pasta. Delicious, vegan, creamy and only takes 30 minutes to make. Perfect for dinner or lunch as leftovers.
It’s one my favourite ways to make pasta when time is of the essence and I’m looking for a quick weeknight meal. Especially after a long day at work.
For this recipe
All you need is pasta, cashews, hot boiling water, vegan choice of your choice, tomato basil sauce, fresh basil, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper for taste. The fresh basil is a must for this recipe! It pairs deliciously with this creamy tomato based pasta.
How is this pasta so creamy without the usage of dairy?
This dish is so creamy thanks to the cashew cream! Cashew cream is incredibly easy to make if you have a blender. You just need to soak raw cashews and hot boiling water (the longer the better but 5 minutes at minimum) and blend until smooth.
This cream can be used to make any pasta creamy! You can even flavour it with some nutritional yeast or garlic to make it cheesy-tasting and garlicky.
Cashew Cream can even be frozen for later usage which makes things easier in the kitchen.
Well I hope you give this Vegan Creamy Tomato Cheese Pasta a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review with a star rating! I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Vegan Creamy Tomato Cheese Pasta
- Required: High Power Blender
- 1 box 500 g penne rigate pasta
- 1 640 ml tomato basil sauce
- 2 slices vegan cheddar cheese of your choice
- Handful organic fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- 2 cups boiling hot water
- Add cashews and hot boiling water into a blender. Allow this to soak for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth.
- Boil your pasta according to package instructions, approximately 11 minutes. Meanwhile prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In another pot set on medium heat, add oil and garlic slices. Fry until softened and fragrant. Then immediately pour in tomato basil sauce and cashew cream. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- Strain your pasta and pour pasta into the sauce. Add in cheddar cheese slices and mix. Once well combined throw in fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!