Avocado Mac and Cheese. Delicious, creamy, savoury and so satisfying. One of my favourite ways to add avocado to any pasta. Perfect for dinner or lunch.
This recipe only takes 30 minutes to make!
Avocado is all the rage and I was so inspired to make Avocado Mac and Cheese after seeing it on YouTube but I felt the avocado sauce needed some oomph!
So I adjusted the recipe a bit and added some additional components to enhance the flavour. This dish is really simple to make and it’s so full of creamy avocado and cheese.
This recipe is adapted from Fit Foodie Finds’ Avocado Mac and Cheese with Sundried Tomatoes. She has an amazing blog full of delicious recipes and I hope you check it out!
Health Benefits of Avocado
The benefits of avocado are endless! It’s high in Potassium, Folate, Vitamin K, C, B5 & B6 and E. It reduces the risk of high blood pressure and heart illness. Also, it’s high in healthy fats (monounsaturated fatty acids) like Oleic acid which is associated with reducing inflammation in the body. This super fruit is very fibrous taking good care of your intestinal tract.
In addition to that, avocados contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are nutrients to help lower the risk of eye cataracts and benefit the overall health of your eyes. I could go on about the health benefits of avocados but I don’t want to digress from the recipe below.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Avocado Mac and Cheese recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Other Recipes You May Like!
Avocado Recipes by other blogs
Avocado Mac n’ Cheese
- Tool: blender or blending tool & 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- 411 grams or 3.5 cups of macaroni pasta
- 1 340 gram mozzarella cheese ball
- 3 organic avocados de-pitted and peeled
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes do not hydrate
- 6-8 leaves of fresh basil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of organic vegetable stock
- 1/8 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a deep baking pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In a medium pot filled with water, boil your macaroni pasta 2-3 minutes less than what the instructions say because the pasta will cook in the oven as well.
- Meanwhile blend together the following ingredients: avocado, garlic, basil, lime juice, vegetable stock, garlic powder and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Slice your mozzarella cheese into cubes.
- Strain your macaroni pasta and in the large baking pan, mix together your pasta, cheese, sun dried tomatoes and avocado sauce until well combined. Sprinkle red pepper chili flakes followed by panko bread crumbs over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven. Serve with some basil to garnish.
- Enjoy and try to consume sooner than later as the avocado will naturally turn brown and the pasta will become softer with each re-heat.