Today I’m sharing my recipe for Baked Zucchini Crisps! They are so delicious, easy to make and vegetarian. They serve well as an appetizer and for gatherings with friends.
Zucchini’s are a great vegetable. They taste delicious in a simple pan-fry or as zoodles (click here for a recipe) . I’ve decided to take them up a notch by breading them to serve as a snack or as an appetizer at a party. Served with some warm marinara sauce and they will be gone instantly! These squashes are also filled with health benefits, check out some of them below.
Health Benefits of Zucchini’s
- Zucchini’s carry Vitamin C which is a anti-oxidant that guards your body from free radicals. Free radicals basically damage your cells. Vitamin C also breaks down fats like cholesterol and maintains your body tissues.
- This squash also provide proper nutrients for good eyesight with Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These two properties help to block out light rays as they come into your eyes to prevent any harm to the tissue.
- Zucchini’s also contain Manganese which also assists in guarding the body from free-radicals and maintains healthy building of your bones. Manganese triggers your body to release collagen which accelerates recovery of broke tissues or wounds
Facts sourced from Live Strong.
For my Baked Zucchini Crisps:
I recommend using organic zucchini’s because they have a thin skin. Vegetables with thin skin allow for pesticide absorption into the part of the vegetable that you would consume. Zucchini’s are actually on the Dirty Dozen List if you purchase non-organic.
If you’re unable to purchase organic, invest in a good vegetable/fruit wash or soak your non-organic zucchini in salt or vinegar water for at least 10-20 minutes before cooking. These zucchini’s are then sliced and breaded using flour, organic free-run eggs, and Italian breadcrumbs. Before they’re baked, they are drizzled with some avocado oil by Chosen Foods. Lastly bake for 20 minutes!
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
Baked Zucchini Crisps
- baking sheet
- resuable baking liner
- 2 organic medium zucchini's sliced at 1 cm thick
- 1.5 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 free-range eggs, whisked
- Avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In the first bowl, pour your flour, salt and pepper into it and whisk until well combined. In the 2nd bowl, whisk 4 eggs together. In the 3rd bowl, pour your breadcrumbs into it.
- Dredge each zucchini slice into your flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs until coated. Lay onto the lined baking sheet. Repeat until all zucchini slices are breaded.
- Drizzle some avocado oil over your zucchinis and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with some warm marinara sauce and enjoy!