Baked Basil Lemon Salmon. A delicious salmon seasoned with garlic, olive oil and lemon with fresh basil. Simple with few ingredients and perfect for dinner.
This is unique way to cook salmon as most recipes call for other types of herbs like dill but I decided to give basil a try and I was so pleased with the aromatic profile of this dish.
My basil lemon salmon recipe is simple to make, takes only 30 minutes and doesn’t require many ingredients. It works well as a side dish paired with some greens and a carb!
For my basil and lemon salmon, I’m using wild caught salmon. It possesses a fresher taste, high quality meat and it’s more sustainable. I actually share why it’s really important for your health and the planet in why you should avoid farmed fish but hey I can’t tell you what to do. I can only inform.
Why it’s best to avoid Farmed Fish
- Farmed fish contain little nutritional benefits, especially Omega-3 fatty acids as fish naturally receive these nutrients from aquatic plant life
- Farmed fish are fed corn or soy promoting the growth of unhealthy. amounts of incorrect fatty acids. Naturally fish are carnivores and they should be eating other fish.
- Farmed fish are given antibiotics which can cause “antibiotic-resistant disease in humans”.
- They experience stress and pain of being confined and are killed in inhumane ways.
- They are filled with disease and this spreads to the ocean infecting wild fish.
- Farms clean their waters using concentrated chemicals and toxins but those flow back into the ocean damaging natural ecosystems.
- Farmed fish live in their own poop! Yuck.
- Fish farms are environmentally unsustainable.
(Sourced from “Mind Body Green“)
My baking liner
I’m also baking this salmon using Unstick’s Casserole Liner, which allows food to slide off easily without a sticky mess. It can be reused up to 2000 times and you can simply wash by hand or in the dishwasher. The liner is made in Japan with non-toxic PTFE. Unstick was kind enough to send me a full set of liners and I really love them! I love them more than those Silicone mats which are not always easy to wash. Click here for more information on Unstick and where to buy them.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1 flank of salmon filet (approx. 11 x 5 inches)
1 handful of fresh basil leaves
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Slices of 1/2 lemon
3 peeled garlic cloves, sliced
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
Required: 1 baking sheet with a non-stick baking liner
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Baked Basil Lemon Salmon recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Baked Basil Lemon Salmon
- Required: 1 baking sheet with a non-stick baking liner
- 1 large salmon filet 3 lbs
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Slices of 1/2 lemon
- 3 peeled garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare ingredients as listed above.
- Rinse your salmon with water. Lay the filet on your lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Lay pieces of sliced garlic over top, follow by lemon slices and fresh basil leaves.
- Drizzle the juice of the remaining lemon over top, followed by olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes until meat is flaky and broil for 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!