Recently I’ve really been into eating Berry Yogurt Parfaits as dessert. It’s healthy, smooth, crunchy and sweet. Since I’m abstaining from cattle and pork for sustainability reasons, I’ve learned that a lot of yogurts contain gelatin and that originates from cows and pigs. But don’t fret there are a lot of delicious animal-free yogurt alternatives which use soy milk as the base. Just look for “Dairy Free” and check if it contains gelatin in the ingredients section.
For this parfait recipe, I love using granola as the main crunch factor. I could probably eat sweetened granola on its own because it’s so good. My husband purchases “Love Crunch: Dark Chocolate and Berries” by Nature’s Path Organic. It compliments the fresh berries well because it contains freeze-dried berries. It’s also organic, Non-GMO, the chocolate is FREE-TRADE and did I mention it’s a Canadian company too? You can find it at any Wholefoods store but I’ve provided their store locator link here.
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and it’s a great and healthy dessert for adults and kids! Hope you enjoy it as much as me.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
BERRY YOGURT PARFAIT
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 0 MINS!
- 1 CUP OF DAIRY FREE COCONUT YOGURT
- 1/3 CUP OF LOVE CRUNCH DARK CHOCOLATE AND BERRIES GRANOLA (OR ANY GRANOLA OF YOUR CHOICE)
- 1/3 CUP OF ORGANIC STRAWBERRIES SLICED
- 1/3 CUP OF ORGANIC BLACKBERRIES
- 1/3 CUP OF ORGANIC RASPBERRIES
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In a small to medium serving bowl, pour in a cup of the Coconut yogurt.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the granola mix over the yogurt.
- Then add and arrange your berries over top of the granola. Enjoy!
Yes it’s that easy to preparing a healthy and delicious dessert!