Hope you’re all having a fantastic week! I had a great weekend and was able to have a catch up lunch with my closest girlfriends and we topped it off with some lattes. It was so lovely to see them and to talk about real matters: family, marriage, careers, life passions. As I practice gratitude more often these days, I feel so blessed to have them in my life.
On the Sunday, I developed this recipe on trial basis. I made these easy and quick Black Bean Tacos (vegan) and they turned out so great! I was so surprised because I’m actually not that familiar with Mexican cuisine and I want to grow in that flavour profile. For this recipe, I’m using Yves Veggie Cuisine organic canned black beans, La Tortilla Factory non-GMO wholewheat tortillas, Tofutti Sour Cream, Earth Island Cheddar Cheese, black bean salsa, Terra Delyssa organic olive oil, avocado, lime juice, white onion, fresh coriander, romaine lettuce and a variety of spices.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this post.
BLACK BEAN TACO RECIPE (VEGAN)
YIELDS 5 TACOS | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 7 MINS | ASSEMBLY TIME 5-10 MINS
- 5 wholewheat taco tortillas
- 1 can (398 ml) Organic Black Beans, washed and drained
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 paprika powder
- pinch of chilli powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Tomato Salsa
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Vegan Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado mashed seasoned with juice of 1/2 lime and salt to taste
- Fresh coriander
Require: non-stick pot & flat plan
- In a small non-stick pot set on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in your diced onions and fry until translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Lower heat to low setting, add in black beans. Once you see steam rise from the black beans, squeeze in juice of 1/2 lime and sprinkle in all your spices and salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently to avoid breaking up the beans. Fry for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile warm your flat plan on medium setting. Once warm enough, lay in a tortilla and flip after 30 seconds or so. You only want to heat it up until it’s soft and malleable.
- Once tacos and beans are ready. Assemble your tacos with your favourite toppings as suggested above. Serve immediately and enjoy!