Bruschetta Toast. Delicious, simple and filling toast idea made with sourdough bread, tomatoes, basil, vegan cream cheese and balsamic vinegar.
This is a great snack if you are looking for a tasty toast idea that comes together quickly! If you’re really lazy, you don’t even have to toast your bread.
The combination of the tomatoes with basil and that vinegar make for one delicious flavour profile.
I share many other toast ideas on my blog! They are one of my favourite ways to have a snack or light meal because they are easy to make and take little time in the kitchen.
Other recipes you may like!
This week I’m sharing toast in two ways. Toast is such a simple fix for a meal or snack. It’s quick to whip up if you’re in a hurry and it’s filling. I’m sharing two of my favourite ways to have it: Bruschetta & Dill Cucumber style (this thursday). Both are made with vegan cream cheese by a brand called Toffuti and it tastes very close to the real thing! Texture and taste are pretty bang on, the only part missing is that sour taste you get from cheese which I could do without to be honest.
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 slices of sourdough bavarian light rye bread
- 2-4 tbsp of dairy-free plain cream cheese
- 10-11 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
The bread I’m using for this toast is Bavarian Light Rye Sourdough Bread by a new bread company called Stonemill Slow Crafted Bakehouse. I LOVE their breads because they are SO TASTY. They’re non-GMO, eco-friendly and their breads are fully fermented giving you the best taste unlike other factory breads. “Typical factory bread is made in a high speed process, that takes as little as 3 hours, by using chemicals and/or artificial additives to reduce mixing and fermentation times and to replace moisture as their bread has lower water consumption. At Stonemill, we ferment our dough for as long as 24 hours to create the deliciously complex flavour of our breads, making every bite even more delicious than the last. Fermenting our dough allows us to make breads without adding chemical additives, sugar or fat. Instead, our bread is full of nutrients and optimal for metabolization and digestibility.” – Stonemill Bakehouse. Their breads are sold at most major Canadian grocers. Click here to find your nearest location.
I am not sponsored by any companies listed here.
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Bruschetta Toast recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Vegan Bruschetta Toast
- 2 slices sourdough bavarian light rye bread
- 2-4 tbsp dairy-free plain cream cheese
- 10-11 grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Begin toasting your slices of bread.
- Meanwhile, pour your balsamic vinegar in a small spot. Set it on medium heat and allow it to reach a rolling boil. Allow it to boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute until thickened. Pour the reduced vinegar into a bowl. Set aside.
- Once your bread is toasted, spread the desired amount of cream cheese. Top off with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle over with fresh chopped basil. Then drizzle the reduced vinegar over top. Serve immediately and enjoy!