Butternut Squash Fritters. Delicious, addictive and easy to make! They serve as a great appetizer or as a snack.
Fritters are usually made of potatoes but this one is made of butternut squash, egg, flour, garlic, parmigiana cheese, salt and pepper. The garlic really accentuates the taste of the squash and once you’ve had one, you’ll finish half the plate in one sitting!
I just love the sweetness to these fritters and butternut squash is such a great source of fiber to add to your diet. I think that’s why I love these fritters so much. Not only are they tasty but they’re healthy as well 🙂
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1 small-medium size butternut squash
1/4 cup parmigiana cheese, grated
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
This recipe was also adapted from the king of cooking himself, Jamie Oliver. I love his recipes so much. They’re delicious, easy and approachable and just no fuss! He’s always been an inspiration to me when it comes to cooking.
This recipe does require some time but more so to roast the squash in the oven, so it’s easy to peel and mash up.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Butternut Squash Fritters recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Butternut Squash Fritters
- 1 small-medium size butternut squash
- 1/4 cup parmigiana cheese grated
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and bake whole squash with skin on a baking sheet for 45 minutes. It’s cooked when you poke a fork and it goes through squash easily
- Peel skin off with fork while squash is hot. Once peeled, slice squash in half to remove all the seeds
- In a large bowl, mash up squash with potato masher. Mix in salt, pepper, flour, egg, minced garlic, and parmigiana cheese. Combine well.
- In a large wide pan on medium high heat, pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil (you may need to add more as you fry).
- Using a large spoon, scoop a dollop of the mixture into the hot oil. Flatten edges with fork to get them crispier than the middle
- Fry until golden brown on each side and repeat these steps until all your fritters are done
- Garnish with some parmigiana cheese