I’m very excited to share this recipe with you! They are Cacao Peanut Butter energy balls! I used to be skeptical of energy balls because A) I didn’t think they could be delicious and B) I did not think a boost of energy could come from something small but BOY WAS I WRONG! That’s why you don’t knock something until you’ve tried it.
I pack a few for work and commute and they are so helpful when I haven’t eaten enough and experiencing low energy.
Well I hope you guys consider making these energy balls and give them a shot! They’re a healthy snack keeping you away from unhealthy treats like cakes, chips or chocolate bars. If you enjoy these, please share them with your family and friends!
CACAO ALMOND ENERGY BALLS RECIPE (VEGAN)
YIELDS 18 BALLS | PREP TIME 20 MINS | FREEZING TIME 15 MINS
- 1 cup roasted organic almonds
- 2 cups pitted organic medjool dates
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter
- 4 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- Organic unsweetened coconut flakes
Required: Food processor and tupperware
- In your food processor, process the almonds until crushed. Add in pitted medjool dates, coconut oil, peanut butter and raw cacao powder. Process until well combined.
- Take 1.5 – 2 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball. Then cover each ball in coconut flakes.
- Store the balls into seal-able Tupperware and allow them to settle into shape by freezing them for 15 minutes. You can store energy balls up to a week in the fridge or in the freezer but you will need to defrost them. Enjoy!