Forgive me, I love avocados and I can’t stop eating them. I had to post this recipe because it contains my two favourite things: Caprese salad and avocado. Sometimes I even have avocado toast for dinner because they are so filling as they possess a lot of healthy fats. This recipe much lighter than my Avocado Egg Toast as the topping is all vegetable with some cheese.
Here I used bread by Ace Bakery. Ace Bakery uses non-GMO ingredients in their freshly baked goods. I’m also using Avocado Oil by Chosen Foods. Chosen Foods also uses non-GMO ingredients in their product line and it’s actually one of their promises on their website. Click the links below for more information on both food companies.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on
Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies
listed in this post.
CAPRESE AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE
YIELDS 4 PIECES | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 5 MINS
- 2 RIPENED AVOCADOS, SMASHED
- 1/2 PINT OF CHERRY TOMATOES, HALVED
- 10 FRESH BASIL LEAVES, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 10-12 INCH FRENCH BAGUETTE, SLICED INTO 4 PIECES
- 1 SMALL SOFT BUFFALO MOZZARELLA CHEESE BALL, PEELED INTO BITE SIZE PIECES
- 2 TBSP OF AVOCADO OIL
- 1 TSP OF BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- On a large frying pan set on medium heat, add the avocado oil. Lay your baguette pieces face down and press them into the oil to allow for an even toast. Toast for 5 minutes, careful not to burn them.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl smash your avocado and season with salt.
- In another small bowl, mix together the cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leave and balsamic vinegar.
- Once toast is ready, spread a layer of the avocado mash. Then layer with the caprese salad topped off with pieces of mozzarella cheese. Season with pepper. Repeat with the remaining baguette pieces.