Hope you’re all doing. I’ve been having a major sweet tooth recently. Maybe my body is seeking comfort since my accident – who knows! All I know is I want crepes, waffles and pancakes! I really craved pancakes today and I decided to give into my cravings. A lot of people seem shake their heads at giving into cravings and personally I don’t get it. It’s our body’s way of saying that it needs something, whether that’s sugar, salt, carbs, etc. I’m a big believer in eating intuitively not restricting yourself to any kind of diet. I’m not a vegetarian, vegan or anything really, but I avoid dairy and red meats as my stomach doesn’t sit well with them. I also make it a priority to eat clean, wholesome and natural ingredients. So the next time, you’re feeling bad about honouring a craving, I say don’t and give in in moderation. Because you know what happens when you don’t, you end up finding a substitute and end up not feeling satisfied and you end up giving into the original craving! Which in my opinion, does more damage than the first. Am I right?
So here are my yummy Chocolate Pancakes. The recipe is egg-less, meatless and dairy-free! It’s a recipe I’ve adapted from All Recipes and if you’d like the original, I’ll link it here but it’s not chocolate flavoured.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends.
CHOCOLATE VEGAN PANCAKES RECIPE
YIELDS 6 MINI PANCAKES | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 10 MINS
- 3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Extra coconut oil to grease pan
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together in a mixing bowl. Then add in wet ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Heat your griddle to medium heat, add some coconut oil. Add 1/4 cup of the batter to create a pancake. Allow for bubbles to form across the surface and flip. Cook for 1 minute on each side until browned. Serve with fresh fruit, vegan butter and maple syrup.