Copycat Chipotle Chicken. So delicious with a kick and great to add to any mexican bowl. Perfect as a side dish.
I could have this chicken almost every single week it’s so good. It’s a great addition to meal prep if you like to prepare your meals in advance for the week.
It stores well and lasts up to 4-5 days.
This is a delicious copycat recipe that I can’t take credit for! I found it on Brown Eyed Baker and it was so delicious I needed to re-share it with my adaptation.
If you love Chipotle’s chicken as much as I do, you will love this. I paired mine with sautéed canned un-drained black beans with a dash chili and ground cumin powder, smashed avocado with lemon juice and salt, corn, brown rice, romaine lettuce, tomato salsa and dairy free sour cream.
For this Recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
2 tbsp avocado oil
½ medium red onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup of water
Required: Food processor
This recipe requires canned Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce which can be found in the International aisle at most grocers. I’m also using Toffuti dairy-free sour cream as well.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Copycat Chipotle Chicken recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Copycat Chipotle Chicken
- Required: Food processor
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ medium red onion coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- Blend all the marinade ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. In a reusable container, pour marinade over chicken thighs. Using a fork, poke many holes into the thighs and mix so marinade covers thighs completely. Let this marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight in fridge.
- In a large non-stick skillet set over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of avocado oil. Pan fry your chicken thighs for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked in the center. You may need to lower the heat to medium every now and then. You can also grill your chicken if you wish!
- Once cooked, chop cooked chicken on a clean cutting board and serve with your favourite salad or burrito bowl fixings.