Vegan Creamy Arrabiata Pasta. A delicious, spicy vegan 30-minute pasta dish that is packed with spinach and mushrooms. Perfect for dinner and leftovers!
This arrabbiata pasta is creamy thanks to the homemade garlic cashew cream. The cream is incredibly easy to make if you have a blender! You just soak cashews in hot boiling water and blend it with some garlic, salt and you've got dairy-free cream that can be used in many other pasta recipes!
I know there are many recipes online but this one is simple, quick to cook and it's an Arrabiata pasta recipe with vegetables! By adding more veggies to this dish, you're increasing that fiber intake!
I also share many other pasta recipes below so be sure to check them out! I hope this recipe was helpful so you can have this arrabiata pasta at home!
Other recipes you may like!
Turkey Bologonese Pasta
Chicken Tomato Zucchini Basil Pasta
Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta
What does "Arrabiata" mean?
For those who ask what “Arrabiata” means, it’s literal translation is “angry” in Italian. So to translate that into cooking terms, it means spicy. You can find Arrabiata sauce sold at most grocers and the only difference between this and tomato sauce is the addition of red chili peppers. This cream pasta is dairy-free and vegan. Instead of cream, I added my own homemade cashew cream which is so easy to make if you have a high-powered blender, overnight soaked cashews and water. The cashew cream can be seasoned any way you prefer so I will add minced garlic to mine.
For this Arrabiata pasta recipe
You will need the following ingredients for my vegan arrabiata pasta recipe:
454 grams penne pasta
2 cups Arrabiata sauce
1 cup garlic cashew cream see below for ingredients
1 pint organic white button mushrooms sliced
5 handfuls of spinach
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup reserved pasta water
Garlic Cashew Cream:
1 cup raw cashews
1 ½ cup hot boiling water
2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon salt
I’m also using Barilla penne pasta, Neal Brother’s Arrabiata sauce, organic white button mushrooms, organic spinach leaves, garlic, cashew cream, and Terra Delyssa organic extra virgin olive oil. It’s very simple, easy and doesn’t take too much time if you prepare the cashew cream in advance.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegan Creamy Arrabiata Pasta recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this arrabbiata pasta recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating , I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Vegan Creamy Arrabiata Pasta (30-min. Recipe)
- 454 grams pasta penne
- 2 cups spicy marinara sauce aka Arrabiata sauce
- 1 cup garlic cashew cream see below for ingredients
- 1 pint white button mushrooms sliced
- 5 cups spinach
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
Garlic Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ cup hot boiling water
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
Garlic Cashew Cream:
- Soak cashews in boiling hot water for 5-10 mins. Then add to a blender.
- To the blender add garlic cloves and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- Boil your pasta according to package instructions. Strain pasta and set aside. Reserve ¼ cup of hot pasta water.
- Meanwhile in a large deep pan set on medium heat, add olive oil. Next add in the minced garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms, fry until edges are brown and there are no liquids remaining. Season with pepper.
- Pour in Arrabiata sauce, garlic cashew cream, spinach and stir. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Pour in reserved pasta water and mix. Then add pasta. Combine until noodles are covered in sauce. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Very creamy, delicious and it will become a new staple for my meals! Thank you for sharing!