Hope you’re all doing fantastic! I made this creation over the weekend and it really shocked my tastebuds with how good it tasted. Something about the homemade vegan ranch dressing with the crispy flavoured tofu and the fresh crunchy veggies.
For the vegan ranch dressing I can’t take credit for it as it’s from this blog (click here) but I’ve listed the recipe below. Also, you’ll need a high powered blender and soaked raw cashews along with a few other ingredients. It’s so easy to make and it’s very versatile for other salads or even as a dipping sauce! As for the crispy tofus, these were my favourite part about the salad. So flavourful and CRISPY!
For this recipe, I’m using Soyganic non-gmo organic extra firm tofu.
Well I hope you give this recipe a shot and let me know what you think in the comments. Please share this recipe with family and friends if you enjoy it.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed.
CRISPY TOFU SALAD AND CASHEW RANCH DRESSING (VEGAN)
SERVES 3-4 | PREP & COOK TIME: 40 MINS
- 1 large pack of mixed baby greens
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 350 grams extra-firm tofu, diced
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp of avocado oil
VEGAN RANCH DRESSING:
Adapted from Veggies Save the Day
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 30 minutes in hot boiling water)
- 1/2 cup reserved cashew water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 dried chives
- salt and pepper to taste
Required: High-speed blender
VEGAN RANCH DRESSING:
- Soak raw cashews in a jar in hot boiling water for 30 minutes. Time Saving Tip: Soak cashews overnight in cold water in a jar and store in fridge.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cashew. Pour this into the blender along with the other ingredients and blend until super smooth. Transfer to a reusable squeeze bottle.
- Prepare your vegetables as listed above and arrange them onto your plates as the base for your salad. Optional: You can fry the bell peppers in some oil and salt over medium heat until soft.
- In a medium size bowl, combine all cornstarch, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper and whisk together. Add in the diced tofu and coat each piece.
- Then in a non-stick pan set on medium heat, add avocado oil. Then add in the diced tofu and fry on both sides until golden brown. Approximately 5 minutes on each side.
Add desired amount of crispy tofu and ranch dressing to your salad. Serve immediately and enjoy!