Easy Egg Salad Sandwich. Creamy, delicious, healthy with added vegetables for extra crunch. This only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
I love this egg salad recipe because it's flavourful and it has some added vegetables for that health boost!
Sometimes I find egg salads to be a bit heavy on the protein and light on the "salad" side.
So this easy and quick recipe includes the addition of green onions, celery and carrots and I find that it adds some contrasting crunch to the soft eggs.
I also share some other "salad" recipes that are meant for sandwiches below so I hope you check them out!
Other recipes you may like!
Pin for later!
What's the key to a good Egg Salad?
The key to a good egg salad is using free range organic eggs. The flavour is higher compared to eggs that are not free range nor organic.
Why? It all goes back to the hens living in a cage free environment while eating better quality food. With less stress and healthy food, the hens can produce healthier and more flavourful eggs. Many grocers carry free range, organic eggs and for a couple of dollars more, you're allowing yourself to eat healthier and tastier food. I purchase my eggs from Burnbrae Farms found at Loblaws, for more information on them click here.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Easy Egg Salad recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Easy Egg Salad Sandwich (20-min. Recipe)
- 10 eggs opt for free-range, organic eggs for best flavour
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1 stick of celery finely diced
- 1 stalk of green onion finely diced
- 1 tsp of mustard
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 pieces bread
- In a medium size pot, begin boiling your water. Once the water reaches boiling point, carefully add in your eggs.
- Meanwhile finely dice your carrots, celery and finely chop your green onion.
- Once eggs are boiled, cool them in a cold water bath until they're cool to touch. Peel the shell off your eggs and dice them.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together your vegetables and diced eggs. Mix in the mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sandwich that egg salad between two slices of bread or toast and you have yourself a great meal.