Lemon Pea Cheese Pasta. A delicious, light and easy to make pasta that is totally vegan. It has a hint of lemon flavour and can be ready in 25 minutes.
I’m not a big pea fan, there I admitted it but when it’s cooked in this Lemon Pea Cheese Pasta, I’m all for it.
I love this pasta because it has a slight lemon flavour with some creamy vegan cheese (you can use normal cheese if you’re not vegan) over some stringy pasta with peas.
It’s a great quick meal idea for dinner or lunch. A good idea for those long days after work when you’re craving pasta but you don’t want to spend a long time in the kitchen.
I can’t take credit for this pasta. It’s created by my husband who surprises me with his hidden culinary skills. He’s really great at combining flavours together and is always giving me suggestions. He made this delicious pasta on Friday night and I had to recreate it for you guys!
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1 (500 g) box spaghetti
2-3 cups frozen peas
1 medium size cooking onion diced
1 cup vegan herb and garlic cream cheese
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 – 1 cup reserved pasta water to reach desired consistency
3 tbsp vegan butter
1 tbsp avocado oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
On a personal note
Hope you’re doing well for a Monday! Do you ever find yourself waking up thinking about all the things you’re stressed about?
This is something I’m VERY guilty of. To the point where I would lose sleep at night or wake up to these worrying thoughts. This was anxiety but I didn’t know about the symptoms to define it as that. I simply thought it was normal until I started to ask my friends how they usually felt in the mornings or at night.
It was about 2 years ago when I started to do yoga to help to let go of these thoughts. Unfortunately yoga was not enough to cure my anxiety in the morning.
So I tried meditation and deep breathing. This was helpful but I didn’t make it a priority because it felt scheduled or forced and I wanted to find a simple way to resolve this. And I did!
I found that the simple act of focusing and appreciating the present moment (that moment you feel right now) distracted me from my worries. So for instance if you’re taking a nap, focusing on how relaxed your body feels and how grateful you are for that singular moment.
It’s a trick I recently discovered and I’m so thankful I did because it’s effective and I hope by sharing this it helps anyone who feels anxious.
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Lemon Pea Cheese Pasta recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Lemon Pea Cheese Pasta
- 500 grams spaghetti
- 2.5 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium size cooking onion diced
- 1 cup vegan herb and garlic cream cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup reserved pasta water to reach desired consistency
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Boil your pasta according to package instructions (about 7-8 mins). In the last few minutes, throw in the frozen peas and boil it all in the same pot. Reserve ¾ cup of pasta water. Strain pasta and peas and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet set on medium heat, melt butter and avocado oil. Once hot, add in onions and fry until soft and translucent. Once soft, turn up heat to high and add in the white wine and let it simmer out. Turn heat back down to medium.
- Next stir in vegan cream cheese until it melts. Pour in lemon juice, lemon zest and reserved pasta water. Stir until everything is well combined and you reach desired sauce consistency (it should be creamy).
- Throw in pasta and peas, mix well until noodles are well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in nutritional yeast. Serve and enjoy!