Mandarin Avocado Salad with a Lemon Onion Dressing. Refreshing, vegan and so delicious and it will keep you coming back for more. Perfect as a side dish.
Easy, quick to make and wonderful for the new Spring season.
This salad is a tasty combination of mandarin orange, avocado, sunflower seeds and sharp red onion on top of a bed of fresh romaine lettuce. It pairs so well with store-bought creamy lemon poppyseed dressing or a sweet onion dressing. But I share a delicious dressing recipe that pairs well with it that you can make from the comfort of your own home.
This salad is one of my favourites and I used to eat it daily before my wedding and I remember having glowing clear skin! It's filled with Vitamin C, Folate, and antioxidants which fight the skin-villains.
You can even add some protein of choice to this salad like tuna, chicken or a soft boiled egg to make it a complete meal. Alternatively, you may leave it as is to keep it vegan.
Watch How I Made it!
For this Recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- ½ red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cans of mandarin oranges, strained
- 1 can of corn niblets, strained
- ½ cup of roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp of cane sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ⅓ cup of avocado oil
Required: Blender or food processor
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Mandarin Avocado Salad a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you've made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Mandarin Avocado Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 2 avocado peeled and sliced
- ½ red onion peeled and sliced
- 2 cans mandarin oranges strained
- 1 can corn strained
- ½ cup roasted cashews roasted unsalted
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients above. Tip: make sure that your salad is dried using a tea towel or a salad spinner, the dressing clings better to dry salad leaves.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the onions until smooth. Then add the lemon juice, mustard, cane sugar, and salt and blend. Next add in your avocado oil and give it one more blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour dressing over your salad and give it a good mix. Serve immediately and enjoy! Feel free to garnish with more cashews.