Mexican Rice. Delicious, flavourful, and easy to make. The perfect side dish for dinner with your favourite mexican fixings!
Mexican Rice is one of those dishes that I love eating at restaurants but I could never master at home. Whether it was the wrong ingredient or the rice wasn’t fluffy enough.
After many times of making this dish, I think I’ve finally created a recipe that works and is easy enough to make at home.
Now it’s not an authentic Mexican rice because I am using jasmine rice but you can substitute with brown rice to achieve a chewier texture. My version is softer FYI.
I love pairing this dish with my favourite Chipotle Chicken recipe and some mexican beans. Everything compliments each other so well and it really serves as a great meal for the family or for yourself!
Other related recipes you may like!
For this recipe
I wanted to share a couple brands that I like to use for this recipe. They are Pacific Foods Vegetable Stock and Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Mexican Rice recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small cooking onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 cups white jasmine rice uncooked
- 4-5 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 10 mini sweet bell peppers sliced
- In medium size pot set on medium heat, add in olive oil. Next add the rice and toast it for 3-4 mins.
- Next add in the diced onions, garlic, green bell pepper and sweet bell peppers (optional). Cook until vegetables are softened. Squeeze in tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once it hits a boil, lower heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Let this simmer between 12-15 minutes until rice is cooked to the texture that you desire. Stir every now and then to prevent rice from sticking to pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!