Peaches are in season. If you’ve bought a box of them and you’re not sure if you can finish them all, don’t let them go to waste! Instead use them in this very easy dessert recipe. Peach Crisp is a warm, sweet, crumbly and soft dessert. It’s delicious and a must try. Paired with vanilla gelatin-free yogurt or ice cream and fresh mint and it’ll become a favourite in your books.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
PEACH CRISP DESSERT
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 20 MINS | BAKE TIME 25-30 MINS
- 4 RIPENED PEACHES
- FRESH MINT LEAVES
- 1/2 CUP OF GRANOLA (I USED LOVE GROWN’S “SIMPLY OATS”)
- 1/2 CUP OF ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/2 CUP OF BROWN SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP OF UNSALTED MELTED BUTTER
- 1/2 TEASPOON OF CINNAMON POWDER
- Optional: Gelatin-free Vanilla Yogurt or Ice Cream
- Preheat your oven (or toaster oven for lower energy consumption) to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and dry your peaches. No need to peel them. Slice them into quarters and discard the pits.
- In a large frying pan set on medium heat, add a teaspoon of your butter. Then lay your peaches in a single layer with meat side down. Fry for 10 minutes flipping them half way through. Lay your peaches on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and lastly pour in the melted butter. Whisk together until it turns into a crumble.
- With your crumble, cover it over the caramelized peaches using a fork to press down on it. Bake this for 25-30 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven and scoop your desired amount into a small bowl, top off with some of the granola, vanilla yogurt or ice cream and garnish with some mint.