Rose Mushroom Fettuccine. Creamy, savoury and so delicious with the mushroom flavour. This vegetarian dish is perfect for dinner or as leftovers for lunch!
This has been one of my favourite pastas to eat lately. It’s got a creamy tomato flavour and the mushrooms make it smell like Bolognese pasta but it’s meatless!
The flat noodles compliment the heavy sauce well and the best part is that it’s so easy and quick to make! Perfect for vegetarians and non-vegetarians because it’s so filling.
It’s a great meal to go meatless with especially if you’re looking to reduce your meat intake.
Other related recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients:
450 grams of fettuccine pasta
1 pint of organic white button mushrooms sliced
450 ml of good quality marinara sauce (i use victoria white linen marinara sauce found at costco)
1 whole shallot finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of 18% cream
1/4 cup of reserved hot pasta water
Small handful of fresh basil leaves
TIP: It’s important to use good quality marinara sauce, without it and this pasta may not give you that sweet and rich tomato taste you’re looking for. As mentioned above, I use Victoria White Linen Marinara sauce found at Costco. It’s so good I could drink this stuff
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Rose Mushroom Fettuccine recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Pin this for future!
Rose Mushroom Fettuccine
- 450 grams of fettuccine pasta
- 1 pint of organic white button mushrooms sliced
- 450 ml of good quality marinara sauce
- 1 whole shallot finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of 18% cream
- 1/4 cup of reserved hot pasta water
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- Begin boiling the fettuccine according to package instructions for Al-Dente texture. Reserve 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water before straining the pasta.
- In a large deep pan set on medium heat, add olive oil and fry shallots and garlic until translucent. Then add your sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft and light brown.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and stir. Cook for 3 minutes with lid on.
- Then add in your cream and stir until your sauce is a light rose colour. Cook for another 2 minutes with lid on.
- Add your reserved pasta water and stir until the sauce is thickened (about 1 minute).
- Now add your strained pasta until noodles are coated in the sauce.
- Serve with some fresh basil leaves and enjoy!