Sautéed Banana Oats. Delicious, perfectly sweet, healthy and quick to make! Perfect for breakfast or as a snack! Ready in 10 minutes.
One word: YUM! I never thought my oats could get yummier but boy did they! I was recently inspired by Instagram to add in some sautéed bananas and oats.
So I did, I also added in some blueberries, organic peanut butter, cinnamon, chia seeds and manuka honey. It turned out to be a great morning breakfast.
Oats are incredibly fibrous and healthy for you. They also keep you full and provide you with a great source of energy throughout the morning!
Oats break down slowly so they provide an ongoing supply of energy to your body. By adding in some other nutrients, like fruits, oils and other proteins – it can be a complete meal. Heck sometimes I want to have oats for lunch or dinner.
Other oat recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1/4 cup of organic blueberries
1 tsp of organic peanut butter
5-7 slices of a banana
5-7 slices of any apple of your choice
1 tsp of coconut oil
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt
drizzle of honey
sprinkle of chia seeds
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Sautéed Banana Oats recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Sautéed Banana Oats
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of vanilla sweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 5-7 slices banana
- 5-7 slices apple of your choice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt
- drizzle of honey
- sprinkle of chia seeds
- In a small pot, bring your almond milk to a boil. Stir in the oats and reduce heat to medium stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it stand for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small non-stick pan set on medium heat, add coconut oil. Then add in your slices of bananas and apples. Fry on each side until golden brown and soft. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and cinnamon over top. Remove off heat.
- Once you’ve prepared your toppings, add them to your oats in sections first with the sauteed fruits. Then blueberries. Next, sprinkle chia seeds over top and top off with a teaspoon of organic peanut butter. And finally drizzle over top with some honey.
- Tip: If you prefer your oats with some liquid, I highly recommend pouring cold almond milk over top of that steamy bowl of oats. The contrast of the hot and cold is my favourite way to eats oats!