Dill Smashed Chickpeas on Crackers. Delicious, filling, flavourful and so easy to make in just one bowl. The perfect snack idea or appetizer for guests!
This is a great appetizer or snack idea for parties where people can help themselves and eat something that is healthy and fibrous! This is made with organic chickpeas, fresh dill, vegan mayo, dill pickles, apple cider vinegar, honey dijon mustard, salt and pepper topped over some crunchy rice crisps or crackers. You can even pair this with toast which is where this idea was inspired from. I got this recipe idea from Vanilla and Bean and it’s been such a hit in my home.
For this recipe, I’m using Eden Foods chickpeas and make sure to rinse them well. I mean well as chickpeas possess a bit of a unpleasant smell but once you mix it in with all the ingredients, you won’t smell or taste it at all! I’m also using Vegenaise which is vegan mayo.
Chickpeas are also a wonderful source of fiber! They carry so many benefits.
Health Benefits of Chickpeas
- Chickpeas contain a moderate amount of calories and several vitamins and minerals. They’re also a good source of fiber and protein.
- high in protein and fiber, which makes them a filling food that may help lower appetite and reduce calorie intake at meals.
- excellent source of protein, which has a variety of health benefits, ranging from weight management to bone health. They are a great choice for individuals who avoid animal products.
- contain a moderate amount of calories and are high in fiber and protein, all properties that play a role in weight management.
- have a low GI and are also a great source of fiber and protein, all properties that support healthy blood sugar control.
- are high in fiber, which benefits your digestion by increasing the number of healthy bacteria in your gut and helping waste flow efficiently through your digestive tract.
Well I hope you give my Dill Smashed Chickpeas on Crackers a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! If you make recipes, take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a review with a star rating! I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Dill Smashed Chickpeas on Crackers
- 40 rice crackers or rice crisps
- 398 ml can of organic chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup of dill pickles finely diced
- 1/4 cup of red onion finely diced
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of honey Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of fresh dill finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse your canned chickpeas several times to remove the odour from the chickpea juice. Strain them.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash your strained chickpeas with a potato masher until mashed to the consistency that you desire. Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the rice crackers. Mash and mix it altogether until well combined. Season with salt and pepper for taste.
- Scoop 1 tsp onto each cracker as needed.
Tip #1: if you’re serving this at a party I would serve the chickpea mash in a separate bowl and allow guests to scoop onto the rice crackers as the moisture from the filling will cause the crackers to go soggy.
Tip #2: You can also have this filling in a sandwich with some lettuce, tomatoes, whatever you desire.
Step 1: Drain, rinse and smash chickpeas with potato masher
Step 2: Smash until it looks like this
Step 3: Add all the other ingredients except rice crackers
Step 4: Mix until well combined
Step 5: Spoon 1 tsp onto a rice cracker