Spinach Mushroom Chicken Linguine. Creamy, delicious, savoury and easy to make. Made in 30 minutes and perfect for dinner or lunch.
When I’m in the mood for a creamy pasta without heavy cheese, I cook my Spinach Mushroom and Chicken Linguine.
It’s a savory and satisfying meal. This is an easy & quick dish can be made in 30 minutes and great for those days when you want to stay home in your pajamas. Or a great weeknight dish for a long day after work but you’re craving a hearty pasta!
The spinach with the mushrooms with the taste of the chicken is such a wonderful combination especially when it’s smothered in a creamy luscious sauce.
Totally irresistible and a must try if you love creamy pastas.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
6 boneless and skinless Chicken Thighs sliced (opt for free range chicken without hormones/antibiotics or go organic)
1 pint of White Button Mushrooms Chopped
300 grams of Frozen Spinach Thawed
5 Garlic Cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
1/2 teaspoon of dried Thyme leaves
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
227 grams of Linguine pasta
1/4 cup of heavy cream (18% fat works well)
1/3 cup of chicken stock
1/3 cup of reserved pasta water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Spinach Mushroom Chicken Linguine recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Spinach Mushroom Chicken Linguine
- 6 boneless and skinless Chicken Thighs sliced
- 1 pint of White Button Mushrooms Chopped
- 300 grams of Frozen Spinach Thawed
- 5 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 227 grams Linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream 18% fat works well
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice your chicken thighs into 2 cm thick pieces. In a bowl, season chicken slices with salt and pepper.
- Slice your mushrooms. Peel garlic cloves and mince them.
- Set your stove to medium-high. In a large shallow pan, add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add chicken slices and fry until it’s cooked. With a slotted spoon, scoop out chicken into bowl and set aside leaving juices and oil in pan.
- Lower the heat to low – medium heat and fry the minced garlic. Fry until softened (approx 30 seconds to 1 minute)
- Increase heat to medium high. Add mushrooms into pan. Fry mushrooms until brown and juices come out.
- Add thawed spinach and allow this to cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a large pot begin boiling your linguine according to package instructions. Do not over boil, we want Al Dente texture (approx. 5-6 minutes). Save 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water.
- Back to your large pan of mushrooms & spinach, add garlic powder and thyme leaves and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add back in your cooked chicken and leftover juices.
- Increase heat to medium high. Then add cream and chicken stock. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add reserved pasta water to sauce to thicken it. Cook for 2 minutes until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and add your strained pasta to sauce. Mix well and remove off heat. Serve and enjoy!