Tomato Basil Spaghettini Pasta. This is my go to pasta – easy to make under 30 minutes. It’s a tasty dish infused with the flavours of garlic, basil and tomato.
My tomato basil spaghetti pasta is perfect as a meal idea for dinner or lunch time and it’s really easy to whip up especially for guests!
I love to make it for my family and friends if they’re craving a classic Italian dish.
I learned the beauty of cooking pasta after watching countless videos of Gennaro Contaldo (Jamie Oliver’s mentor).
The most important key I drew from all his cooking videos is to save that pasta water! The natural starches from the pasta water is the glue between your pasta and the sauce. And that’s why this tomato and basil spaghetti pasta is so good!
I also share many many other pasta recipes below if you’d like to check them out!
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
For my tomato basil spaghetti recipe you will need the following ingredients:
454 grams (1 Box) of Spaghettini or Spaghetti
28 oz can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
8 Garlic Cloves minced
1 Large Bunch of Fresh Basil Leaves
2 pints of Sweet Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
6 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon of Hot Pepper Flakes (Optional if you prefer not spicy)
1/2 cup of reserved Pasta Water
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Pin for Later!
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Tomato Basil Spaghettini Pasta recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Tomato Basil Spaghettini Pasta
- 454 grams Spaghettini or Spaghetti
- 28 oz can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 8 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Large Bunch of Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 pints of Sweet Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of Hot Pepper Flakes Optional if you prefer not spicy
- 1/2 cup of reserved Pasta Water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Peel and finely chop your garlic cloves
- Slice cherry/grape tomatoes into halves
- In a pot, boil water for your pasta to Al Dente according to package instructions. The key to making this recipe delicious is having Al Dente pasta. Remember to reserve some of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile in another large shallow pan on low – medium heat, add olive oil
- Then add garlic. Allow garlic to “sweat” for 30 – 45 seconds here and do not brown it. Browned garlic will not taste good in your pasta. We are trying to infuse the oil with garlic.
- Optional: if you want a spicy pasta, add hot pepper flakes here and stir for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add cherry/grape tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes until they’re soft.
- Add your canned tomatoes with the juice. Break apart them into bite size pieces with your cooking utensil. Allow this to cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now pour the reserved pasta water into your sauce. Cook for 5 minutes and stir to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low, add half of the basil leaves into the sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain your pasta and pour hot pasta into your sauce. Turn off heat and stir pasta into sauce.
- Remove pan off heat. Now stir in your remaining basil leaves. Save some as a garnish. Enjoy!