Tomato Spinach Pasta. Delicious, vegan and flavourful. A wonderful 35-minute meatless meal for dinner or lunch. Great as leftovers.
This past weekend, I made a light cream Tomato Spinach Pasta that is dairy-free and meatless. It’s got the delicious taste of tomatoes, basil, and garlic with the nutrition of spinach. I thought I’d share it with you all because it’s so easy and quick for nights after work. It’s also great for families if you double up on the proportions. A lot of mom’s who are new to cooking are the ones who rely on some of my recipes and it’s warms my heart when they tell me so. It brings me joy that I can help lead their families to tasty and healthier food with the foundation of clean eating.
For this recipe, I’m using GMO-free Penne pasta by Barilla. As I mentioned before, this sauce has a light creaminess without the use of cow-dairy by using plain unsweetened almond-milk by Silk. If you prefer a very creamy look and taste, you can add a bit more almond milk but make sure to simmer the sauce for longer to reduce the water content. I’m also using a good quality marinara sauce by Victoria Fine Foods, organic spinach, organic basil and garlic to give it that delicious garlicky scent. I love spinach in my pasta’s because they’re full of health benefits but they don’t carry an overpowering taste. Did you know that spinach naturally gets rid of dark under-eye circles? It’s because they contain Vitamin K which helps to improve blood circulation in that specific area. BEAUTY TIP! (Facts Sourced from Chatelaine Magazine)
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Tomato Spinach Pasta recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this blog.
Other Recipes You May Like!
Tomato Spinach Pasta
- 225 grams penne pasta
- 2.5 cups good quality marinara sauce
- 5-6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Prepare ingredients as listed above.
- Boil your pasta according to package instructions or until Al-Dente texture, 11 minutes approx. Strain it and set it aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water for the sauce later.
- In a large pan set on medium heat, add your olive oil and garlic and slow fry the garlic until fragrant. Next pour in the marinara sauce and stir. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Into the sauce, pour your almond milk and stir. Next add in the spinach leaves, followed by the basil. Combine well until leaves have wilted. Feel free to season with some salt to taste.
- Pour in the reserved pasta water and stir. Let this simmer for another 5-10 minutes until sauce has thickened and reduced.
- Lastly add in the strained pasta and combine until noodles are well coated in the sauce. Remove off heat, garnish with more basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!