Vegan Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Delicious, crispy and easy to make if you have some frozen vegan chicken at home. Perfect for lunch.
I have to be clear that in this recipe, I don’t teach you how to make the vegan chicken tender. But I do show you how to dress up your vegan chicken tenders with a yummy apple slaw in a sandwich. The goal is to elevate those vegan chicken tenders.
This is a great meatless meal for lunch or dinner if you’re looking for some vegan options.
You can use any vegan chicken tenders that you like or have in your fridge. My personal favourite are the ones by Gardein. They look and taste very similar to chicken tenders when I feel like going meatless some days. You can find them at most Canadian grocers in their healthy frozen aisle.
Other recipes you may like!
For this recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup carrot matchsticks
1 granny smith apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
3 stalks celery, sliced finely
1/4 cup vegan mayo
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp cane sugar
dash of salt
12 vegan chicken crispy tender strips
3 buns, toasted
1 avocado, smashed
2 cups field greens or any leafy green of your choice
3 tsp vegan butter
Pin for Later!
On a Personal Note
Hope you all had a great Father’s Day weekend! Celebrating all the amazing dads out there, whether you’ve raised a kid(s), dog, cat, bird, it all counts because the common denominator is love and care, right? Over the weekend, we celebrated with my father-in-law. We’ll be celebrating my dad in a couple of weeks as they just returned from their vacation to Alberta and British Columbia! My father-in-law is really great. He’s quiet but always so helpful especially when it comes to our dog Bear. He’s always giving Bear head massages, picking Bear up from our house everyday at 1 pm or sending him to the groomer’s monthly. We truly appreciate all his love and care towards Bear, who has seriously become my in-law’s grand puppy.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegan Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Vegan Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 granny smith apple peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 stalks celery sliced finely
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cane sugar
- dash of salt
- 12 vegan chicken crispy tender strips baked according to package instructions
- 3 buns toasted
- 1 avocado smashed
- 2 cups field greens or any leafy green of your choice
- 3 tsp vegan butter
- Bake your crispy tenders according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare your Apple Slaw ingredients (see above). Mix them together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, smash your avocado with a fork and set aside.
- Slice your buns, spread vegan butter on each side and toast them in a skillet at medium heat until edges are browned.
- Once the tenders have finished baking, it’s time to assemble your sandwich. Layer a couple of crispy tenders first, followed by the apple slaw, and field greens. Lastly spread smashed avocado on top layer of bread and cover your sandwich. Repeat for remaining sandwiches. Serve and enjoy!