Vegan Greek Potatoes. Delicious, savoury and so easy to make at home. Perfect as a side dish for dinner.
Have you ever been to a Greek restaurant and was like, “Can I please have a whole plate of just the potatoes?” Greek potatoes are probably one of my favourite foods on the planet.
They’re soft, full of taste – they are the definition of comfort food. I decided to recreate my own but using plant-based ingredients and I have to admit they tasted just like the ones at the restaurant.
Related Greek Recipes:
In the typical Greek Potato recipe they use chicken broth, lemon juice, some spices and olive oil. I’m excited to share that my recipe is completely vegan using vegetable broth which contains pureed tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, and onions. I was skeptical at first and thought that the veggie broth would give off an acidic taste but to my surprise, it tasted just like the restaurant!
In particular I’m using Pacific Foods‘ vegetable broth if you want to emulate my recipe exactly. Using a top quality organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is important too and the one I’m using is by Terra Delyssa. To make my version different, I added some fresh Dill and garlic powder for added taste. This serves well as a side dish or if you just feel like eating a whole serving of tasty potatoes.
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegan Greek Potatoes recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Watch how I made this!
Pin for later!
Vegan Greek Potatoes
- Required: Deep baking pan
- 8 russet potatoes sliced into wedges
- 1.5 lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: Handful of fresh dill chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and prepare your potatoes as listed above. No need to peel them. Place wedges into a deep baking tray. Pour olive oil and lemon juice over top and using your hands massage it into the potatoes.
- Next add in the garlic powder, rosemary, pepper, and salt. Massage the spices into the wedges until evenly coated. Then pour your broth to cover the potatoes. Tip: You may need to line up the potatoes neatly to ensure each wedge is covered in broth. It’s okay if parts of the wedge stick out.
- Bake uncovered for 60 mins. When ready to serve, garnish with chopped fresh dill. Enjoy!