Vegetable Chicken Vermicelli. Delicious, simple and ready in 30 minutes. So flavourful and perfect for dinner or for lunch as leftovers.
The taste of the veggies with the thin noodles and the juicy chicken is one combination I love so much.
My grandma used to make this dish for me and I loved her version of it so much. I had to share it here on my blog! It’s a staple for me and was one growing up. I just love thin rice vermicelli so much. The texture is one of my favourites!
This recipe is pretty simple to make but does require some slicing and dicing time. As for the noodles, you only need to soak them in hot water for 5-7 minutes until they’ve loosened.
For this Recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
- 250 g of vermicelli rice noodles (dry version)
- 4 organic celery stalks, sliced into matchstick
- 1 organic carrot, peeled into thin pieces
- 3 stalks of green onion, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 organic red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 tsp of corn starch
- 4 tbsp of avocado oil for frying
- 1 tbsp of cane sugar
- 4 tbsp of water
- 4 tbsp of organic light soy sauce
Tips for Making this Dish
- As mentioned before, only soak your dry noodles for 5-7 minutes in hot water. You don’t want to ever boil your noodles because when you cook them again in the frying pan, they will turn soggy and stick to the pan.
- Use a non-stick pan to make these. The rice noodles are starchy and will stick if you don’t oil your pan enough.
- Always cut your veggies and protein into long thin bite size pieces. Matchsticks for veggies and thin slices for meat. This makes it easier for the ingredients to incorporate
Give it a try!
Well I hope you give my Vegetable Chicken Vermicelli recipe a try! It always excites me when you guys make my recipes and I hope this is one you try.
Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your family and friends or on social media! Take a picture if you’ve made my recipe and tag me on Instagram @christieathome in your feed or stories so I can share your creation in my stories with credits to you!
Made this recipe and loved it?
If you could leave a star rating, I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thanks so much!
Other Recipes You May Like!
Vegetable Chicken Vermicelli
- 250 g of vermicelli rice noodles dry version
- 4 celery stalks sliced into matchstick
- 1 carrot peeled into thin pieces
- 3 stalks of green onion sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs sliced
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp avocado oil for frying
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- Before frying, pre-soak vermicelli noodles in a large bowl filled with hot water for 5-7 minutes until soft but not soggy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl mix the chicken with cornstarch to tenderize the meat. In small bowl, combine soy sauce, cane sugar and water stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- In a wok set on high heat, add your avocado oil and garlic cloves. Slow fry garlic until fragrant. Next add in sliced vegetables and fry until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium. Add the chicken slices and green onions into your wok. Fry chicken until about halfway cooked. Lightly season with salt. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add fried vegetables back into the wok, followed by the chicken with green onions and vermicelli. Mix altogether. Then pour the noodle sauce over the noodles and mix until noodles are evenly coated in sauce. Serve and enjoy!