This is an easy Vegetable Soup that is full of nutrients and it is inspired by my mom. She would make this kind of soup every month even during the summer time but for good reason! This soup is so healthy for the body especially during the transitional weather where cold bugs are floating around. It’s important to equip your immune system with the proper tools it needs to fight against viruses. This clear-broth soup takes less than 1 hour to make. It’s not thick or heavy to drink, making it easy to drink a lot of it. It’s also a good idea to eat the vegetables for fibre. For this soup, I use organic free-range chicken broth for best taste or for a meatless option, you can opt for vegetable broth. I use one by Pacific Foods carried at Sobeys or Loblaws. click here for more information.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on Instagram, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
SERVES 5-6 BOWLS | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 40 MINS
- 3 Vine Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 Organic Celery Stalks, chopped
- 3-4 Small Organic Carrots, unpeeled & chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, larged diced
- 3 cups of Unsalted Organic Free Range Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth for a meatless option
- 3 cups of Warm Water
- 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roughly chop your vine tomatoes, celery stalks, carrots and red onion.
- In a medium to large pot set on medium heat, add your olive oil. Next add the red onions. Fry until they become translucent and slightly brown. Then add in carrots and celery and fry for 2-3 minutes. Lastly add the chopped tomatoes and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth followed by the warm water and mix. Bring this to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, lower the heat and simmer with the lid on for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.