Three words: I love sushi. The taste of the soft sushi rice against the crunchy seaweed with fresh vegetables is amazing.
This Veggie Roll is simple, crunchy and contains natural probiotics, believe it or not! The pea shoots are a source of probiotics, beta carotene, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and fibre! Of course, the carrots, bell pepper, cucumber and seaweed are high in nutrition as well.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please take a picture of it and tag @christieathome on Instagram and it may be featured. If you’re not on Instagram, please share this recipe with your family and friends across social media or by simple word of mouth. I’d appreciate it GREATLY!
Take good care,
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any companies listed in this post.
VEGGIE SUSHI ROLL RECIPE
YIELDS 40 PIECES | PREP TIME 60 MINS | TOTAL TIME 90 MINS
- 5 sheets of Nori (seaweed paper)
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/4 cucumber sliced thinly
- handful of pea shoots
- 1/2 peeled carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 measuring cup of calrose (sushi) rice
- 1/8 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- water to help seal your sushi rolls
- Begin boiling your rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, slice carrot, cucumber and red bell pepper into very thin strips (0.5 x 1 cm thick). Wash and dry pea shoots.
- In a small pot add in rice vinegar and raise heat to medium high. Add in sugar and salt, stir until dissolved. Once you reach a boil, remove off heat. Pour over cooked rice and mix well.
- Next you can begin rolling your sushi according to the steps listed below…